Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Tuesday Tunes

Another weekly post I'm going to give a try is "Tuesday Tunes", which is pretty self explanatory, but nevertheless, a quick synopsis: A few of my favorite tunes that I have had on repeat as of late. (See? Really quick!) Music is such a huge part of my life and my family's lives that I couldn't just not incorporate some music into this blog along with beauty, personal style, lifestyle, and all the other things that I have posted/will soon post on this blog! Disclaimer: None of the videos nor the images are mine. 

1. "This Is What It Feels Like" by Banks


I discovered Banks online through a YouTube playlist on Lorde's channel back in late June/early July of this year. The song that I first heard was "Drowning", which I will say that I listened to that on repeat for quite some time, and I still do, actually, though I want to only have one song from each artist in my Tuesday Tunes posts so as to share the wealth, so to speak. Or else this week's Tuesday Tunes would be all Banks' songs (but let's be real: it would certainly not be a bad thing). The moment I heard this song, however, I instantly fell in love. The background track alone is so well-produced, with the synths and unique beat, tied in with the backing vocals faint and distorted just slightly, but her voice in this song is so amazingly different. I keep finding myself humming the chorus throughout the day.

2. "Here With Me" by Susie Suh feat. Robot Koch


A few episodes into "The Blacklist" on Netflix and I had a deep-rooted respect for James S. Levine, who is credited for the music, along with everyone else who takes part in creating the very intriguing show. This song has a nice, slow feel to it, and for some reason it just makes me think of a chilled Autumn day, which is perfect seeing as though it is now actually Autumn and starting to cool down.

3. "She Way Out" by The 1975


I discovered The 1975 at my last job, actually. A different retail store that had mostly a loop of the same few songs, though occasionally I would hear one that stuck out to me. "Chocolate" by The 1975 was one of them, which lead into this small obsession for the almost-uncomprehendable British accent from the lead singer, Matt Healy. This song's definitely more energetic than the first two songs on this week's post, which I believe balances it out nicely.

4. "99 Problems" by Hugo


I remember first hearing this song during an episode of something on Netflix, though I can't seem to remember which show specifically (I made the horrible mistake of starting about three different series around the same time. I know, it was a dangerous move that I'm already paying for). The fact that Hugo made his own interpretation of Jay-Z's song of the same title with a bluegrass feel is just astounding and I honestly would love for him to do that with a lot more hip-hop/rap songs, to be quite honest. How crazy would it be to hear a bluegrass version of something like "Drunk In Love" or "All I Do Is Win"?

5. "Punch Drunk Recreation" by Jesse McCartney

Shout out to my momma who showed me this just within the past week. You go mom. Jesse McCartney was probably my first massive celebrity crush that I ever had, or at least it's the first one that I remember (est. 2004. Yeah. Ten years). I knew every single word to his album "Beautiful Song", and still do, probably. I wouldn't put it past myself. When she showed me this song I instantly had to have it on my playlist and it helps be become more awake in the mornings, which, with college classes, is very helpful.

There you have it! My five favorite songs of this week. Stay tuned (ba-dum tsss, music pun) for next week's list, and let me know if you've heard any of these and tell me what you think of them!

Stay Resplendent!

No comments:

Post a Comment