Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Frank Cacao Body Scrub

Okay, so ever since I started this blog (a whopping two months ago), I have had my eye on a few products that I really wanted to try. One of the first items that sparked my interest was an all-natural vegan body scrub made from coffee and other great-for-skin (and great smelling) stuff. So, once payday took its sweet time rolling around, I went and purchased my very first body scrub. And that, my precious readers, is how Frank entered my life.

Frank Cacao Scrub with nails and lip to match the purple and white label


Let me just say I think I've probably read through the entire website about four times. I wanted to make sure that I knew as much about this product and brand as possible. The website (here is a link to their site) is set up very nicely, which I always like when a site is not only easy to use, but unique and aesthetically pleasing. As you can see, Frank did a great job with both. The FAQ answered all of my inquiries about this, as well as the feedback account I saw on Instagram (there's one account solely for consumer's reviews/feedback pictures and WOW the results are good). After a lot of reading and rereading, I decided to see if it lived up to the hype. Frank did not disappoint.

There are three different types of Frank that you can buy. There's the original (orange label), which has sweet almond and orange. Then there's the coconut & grapeseed (mint label), and their newest one, the cacao scrub (purple label). I was torn between purchasing the coconut and and cacao scrub– the only reason I vetoed the original is because I, for some unknown reason, feel indifferent towards orange-flavored or orange-scented products. That's not to say I'm against trying it ever, but I wanted to pick a different one for my first Frank purchase.

Frank is supposed to do a lot of great things for your skin, besides just exfoliating and smoothing. He (yes, I will keep referring to an inanimate object as a person because the brand does and I adore it) also targets cellulite, stretch marks, psoriasis, varicose veins, eczema and acne. Now, I don't have anything majorly wrong with my skin, although I do have some 'shapely' thighs (as my mother says. "They're not big, they're shapely!" Love you, mom.) that could use a bit of improvement, skin-wise – as well as muscle-wise, but Frank is unfortunately not a workout routine/scrub combination. I'm solving that issue on my own. Anyways, I figured trying out a body scrub couldn't possibly hurt, seeing as though I'm not allergic to any of the ingredients. Frank is from Australia, so it took a bit longer to receive him in the mail, but it wasn't anything unbearable. Plus, shipping is free in the US, which is always music to my ears. I'd say I got my Frank about ten days after I purchased him, though mind you I ordered him towards the weekend so he probably wasn't shipped until the following Monday.

When I did receive Frank, I was elated. Finally I would get to try this bad boy (haha, get it? Because his name is Frank... sorry) out for myself. The steps are easy: "Get Naked", "Get Dirty", "Get Rough", and "Get Clean". They're rather self explanatory, so I'm not going to be redundant by repeating them. If you would like further explanation on the steps, go check the site linked above!

Back to my own Frank, though: I just tried my Cacao Frank scrub and WOW. My skin has not felt this smooth since I was a baby. Not that I remember, but I'm pretty certain this is the closest I've been to baby-smooth since I was an actual infant. And the smell of coffee is surrounding me without suffocating me. I know this scent won't last when I wake up tomorrow morning but at least I know that my dreams will be beautifully blissful and include LOTS of coffee. I'm not kidding you when I say that I just took a small break from typing this out so I could smell my shoulder and smile.

Because I have only tried Frank out once, and that one time was about an hour ago, I don't have any review or opinion on whether or not this product really works. I will say that my skin is super smooth and incredibly delicious-smelling, and I am already eager to hang out with Frank again in two days–Frank recommends that you use him 2 to 3 times a week, which I'm perfectly fine with. I will be sure to publish another post in about a week or two and give another review on the oh-so-charming Frank! Until then, cheek out this picture of me and Frank spending some quality time together on the right!



That's all for now! Stay Resplendent!

No comments:

Post a Comment